· Sprinkle was in possession of a great number of counterfeit silver dollars, sacks full, and folks began to wonder if the coins were made from the pure ore of the lost mine. Years later, in 1895, the New York Times published the following article after several of Sprinkle''s dollars turned up in Grayson, Kentucky.READ MORE
Brad and Mary Sutherland traveled to Kentucky this year in search of the lost mines of Solomon and evidence of Atlantis in North America. In Kentucky, they met with J. Scott, a local treasure hunter . In researching Swifts Lost Silver Mine we came upon valuable artifacts linking Atlantis to North America.READ MORE
Most of the silver produced today is a byproduct of mining copper, lead, and zinc. The silver occurs within the ores of these metals in one of two ways: 1) substituting for one of the metal ions within the ore mineral''s atomic structure; or, 2) occurring as an inclusion of native silver or a silver …READ MORE
The Shawnee Silver Mines of Ohio. According to prisoners taken by the Shawnee Indians from the white settlements in Kentucky and Ohio, just a half days walk from their main village of Chillicothe, was a site where the Shawnee mined silver.READ MORE
· the legend, John Swift, of Alexandria, ia, discovered several silver mines. in the hills of eastern Kentucky. His first finds were in 1760, and there were. several others. In addition to the mines themselves, there are, so it is said, caches of silver coins and ingots waiting to be found. It started when.READ MORE
The Account of Swift'' Silver Mine According to the Kentucky Legends The basic approach to the story of Swift peculiar to the Kentucky versions may be seen best through two good examples of Kentucky narrative. A narrative referring to particular events in more detail than any other is the story of John Swift narrated by Alley''s Journal.READ MORE
Kentucky has 123 identified mines listed in The Diggings™. The most commonly listed primary commodities in Kentucky mines are Zinc, Lead, and Fluorine-Fluorite .At the time these mines were surveyed, 13 mines in Kentucky were observed to have ore mineralization in an outcrop, shallow pit, or isolated drill hole—known as an occurance mine. 1 Kentucky has 43 prospect mines. 2 57 mines …READ MORE
Kentucky Map of Gold, Silver & Lost Treasure Sites. We currently have limited data on Kentucky. If you would like to share a gold lead or lost treasure story, please send it to us via our Contact form. Click and drag to resposition map. Use "+" and "-" to zoom in/out. This map was created by a user. Learn how to create your own.READ MORE
· Letcher County: Lost Treasure Numerous lost Indian gold and silver mines are in the Kings Creek area in the Pine Mountain Range. Before being driven out of the area in 1810, the Indians worked the mines. Madison County: Battlefield On August 29 & 30, 1862, Union and Confederate troops suffered heavy losses due to this battle.READ MORE
· The story, as all folktales, has a multitude of variations with one common theme: Somewhere in the mountains of Tennessee, Kentucky or ia, there lies a silver mine …READ MORE
The Kentucky Mine was a not-so-profitable gold mine in the late 1800s to early 1900s. It is located on Banner Grade Road near Julian, CAREAD MORE
Lost mines are a popular form of lost treasure legend.The mine involved is usually of a high-value commodity such as gold, silver or diamonds.Often there is a map (sometimes called a "waybill") purportedly showing the location of the mine. Common reasons given for the mines being lost include:READ MORE
· Historical Men Who Knew of Swift Col. James Harrod, Founder of Harrodsburg, died while in search of the mines along the 3 forks of the Kentucky River. John Filson, Kentucky First Historian Obtained a land grant which referenced the Swift Silver Mine.READ MORE
Kentucky Silver Mines By County and City. Counties. Cities. Silver Mines in Crittenden County, KY. Silver Mines in Jackson County, KY. Silver Mines in Laurel County, KY. Silver Mines in Fredonia, Kentucky. Silver Mines in Keavy, Kentucky. Silver Mines in Sandgap, Kentucky.READ MORE
· Jonathon Swift Silver Mines . The legend of the Jonathon Swift Silver Mines is well known in Kentucky. Thousands of Kentuckians have spent time and money in search of this legend. Numerous books, maps, and interpretations of the Swift legend have been studied by amateur prospectors, hobbyists, and folklorists in search of the lost mines.READ MORE
Jackson County, KY Silver mines, mine companies, mine owners and mine information. US-Mining provides information on mines, operators, and minerals mined in Jackson County, KYREAD MORE
Silvermine Arch Trail. Silvermine Arch Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Ridge, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to …READ MORE
· (We''re speaking here, of course, of the Jonathan Swift who is said to have discovered a vast gold/silver mine somewhere in Kentucky, not the Gulliver''s Travels author.) Prather suggests the Swift cache sits near the Hardin-Breckinridge county line, in the middle of an "X" formed by the towns of Eastview, Westview, Centerview and Grandview.READ MORE
Silver Mine Knob is covered by the Sonora, KY US Topo Map quadrant. The USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) publishes a set of topographic maps of the U.S. commonly known as US Topo Maps. These maps are seperated into rectangular quadrants that are intended to be printed at 22.75"x29" or larger. The map now contains brown squares outlining nearby US ...READ MORE
· A friend saw a post about the lost mines in kentucky, i have info on the lost treasures of this area. most are on the spanish, french, english and ind Swift silver mines, Kentucky - …READ MORE
· In addition to the museum, you can go on a dig at the Columbia Mine. This is the oldest mine in the Illinois-Kentucky Fluorspar District and was opened in 1835 and is now privately owned. For prices and to schedule a dig, contact the Ben E. Clement Mineral Museum. It is open Wednesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.READ MORE
The Silver Mountain Mine is historically known as the Kentucky Giant, or the Concave Tunnel. It is a historic treasure trove, and its a large, rich productive mine as well. Located just off the Million Dollar Highway above Ouray, and accessed by a well maintained county road.READ MORE
Kentucky Minerals Map. blue fluorite with white barite. This internet map service provides scanned document information and location data pertaining to Kentucky''s ore mineral resources and their associated commodities; fluorite (fluorspar), galena (lead), sphalerite (zinc), …READ MORE
· Silvermine Arch. Overview. This is among my favorite hikes in Red River Gorge, as it offers a nice view, some modest challenge, and an almost magical micro-environment at the arch. Hiking this in the Summer heat, you get the added bonus of cooling off at the arch while taking in scenery that photography simply can''t do justice.READ MORE
· 8 Things Archaeologists Discovered In Kentucky That May Surprise You. The Bluegrass State is known not only for its beauty, but also for its rich history and rare collection of artifacts. There is likely not a plot of land anywhere in Kentucky where an arrowhead, bead, archaic tool, or old bone hasn''t been found.READ MORE
Silver Mine, Livingston County, Kentucky. Silver Mine is a cultural feature (mine) in Livingston County. The primary coordinates for Silver Mine places it within the KY 42083 ZIP Code delivery area.. Maps, Driving Directions & Local Area InformationREAD MORE
· Legend has it, Englishman Jonathan Swift came to Kentucky before Daniel Boone, and mined for silver. Over the centuries, the story has been shared, but no …READ MORE
An old silver mine was reportedly located on property belonging to the Slone family on Elkhorn Creek. Over the years people have searched for the Great Shawnee Cave throughout Appalachia, and especially along Pine Mountain. Most "Swift" buffs believed the cave was located somewhere near Pound Gap, a few miles southeast of Elkhorn, while others ...READ MORE
Kentucky lies in the southeastern part of the United States. Towards the northern border of the state, flows the Ohio River surrounded by the Ohio Valley. The valley is primarily composed of sedimentary rock resulting only in a few minerals such as fluorite, calcite, quartz, dolomite, geodes and pyrite. Kentucky has vast deposits of coal.READ MORE
Map and location information for Silver Mine Knob in Kentucky: Silver Mine Knob is one of the Summits in Hardin County, KY and can be found on the Sonora USGS topographic quad map. The GPS coordinates are 37.52617 (latitude), -85.9644095 (longitude) and the approximate elevation is 840 feet (256 meters) above sea level.READ MORE
· The location of one of Jonathan Swift''s lost silver mines is given as being on Swift''s Camp Creek, in Wolfe County, KY by historian Lyman Draper in manuscripts from the 1830s. Directions are: "Seven miles above the mouth of the creek (Swift''s Creek) is a natural rock bridge. On the northwest side of the creek, a short distance below the ...READ MORE
· A little less than a year ago my family and I purchased a puppy from Silvermine Kennels. In a March ''07 Lady/Gambler litter our little Zoe was born.....I had called up in hopes to find a puppy to train to become a "seizure alert" dog, as I have epilepsy.....READ MORE
123 records of mines in Kentucky Counties. Total Claims Active Claims Closed Claims Active Acres Total Mines Prospects Occurrences. Plants Producers. Crittenden 0 0 0 0 27 4 1. 1 21. Livingston 0 0 0 0 13 5 0. 0 8. Caldwell 0 0 0 0 7 3 2. 0 2.READ MORE
The campgrounds offer wooded, open, and riverside primitive sites for camping at affordable rates. Firewood and limited refreshments are available. After searching for your fortune, rent a canoe or kayak and paddle while searching for clues or just relax on a water tube. The campgrounds are privately owned and operated. Allow us to show you the warm hospitality of Kentucky never before seen in ...READ MORE
· In our region, minerals were deposited at low temperatures (below 150 degrees F). Veins are noteworthy in central Kentucky from Anderson, Boyle, Owen, Scott, Fayette, and Woodford Counties. In the Illinois – Kentucky fluorspar district veins are known from Crittenden, Livingston Counties (Kentucky) as well as Hardin and Pope Counties (Illinois).READ MORE
In this segment from Kentucky Life, we learn about legend of the lost Swift Silver Mine and treasure. Wolfe County and the area around Natural Bridge have be...READ MORE
Gold, Silver, And Other Mining Claims In Kentucky By ...READ MORE
The USDA Forest Office is located in Winchester, Kentucky about an hour from Red River Gorge. For up to date information either stop in the Ranger District Office, visit their website or telephone: (859) 745-3100. AMOUNT OF TIME NEEDED: Allow less than a half a day (2-3 hours) to enjoy this hike, and spend some time resting and enjoying the arch.READ MORE
· The Central Kentucky Mineral District, commonly known as the Central Kentucky Fluorspar District, covers part or all of the 16 counties in the Bluegrass Region of central Kentucky and consists of more than 200 vertically dipping vein deposits. Barite, fluorite, calcite, galena, and sphalerite have been sporadically mined in this district since ...READ MORE
AMC is a specialized company that develops, designs, manufactures and sells large-scale mining machinery and equipment such as cone crushers, jaw crushers, impact crushers, sand making machines, sand washing machines, and feeding and screening machinery.
Group"s overseas wholly-owned investment company-China AMC Cameroon Mining Company
The company has a modern, high-standard garden-style production park. The heavy-duty industrial production workshop contains various large-scale CNC machining centers, cold work centers, assembly centers, electric hydraulic centers, spraying centers, and storage guarantee centers.
The company has a complete product quality system and standardized production management system. All products are designed, produced, assembled and inspected in accordance with international quality system standards, and have successfully passed ISO9001 quality management system, ISO14001 environmental management system and ISO45001 occupational health management system certification .
A successful foreign trade company needs not only good talents and organizations, but also good supplier support.
Offer advanced and reasonable complete solutions for aggregates & ore processing.
China AMC Cameroon Company Sarl (hereinafter referred to as CMCC) has obtained the right to exploit a granite mine with reserves of 33 million tons in the Leboudi II area of Yaoundé. AMC's design team conducted in-depth discussions and exchanges with the engineer team for many times. Through unremitting efforts, various difficulties were finally overcome, and the production line installation, commissioning and operation were completed on schedule, according to quality, quantity, and zero accidents. To ensure that CMCC produces and sells stone materials as scheduled, with an annual output and sales of 8 million tons, it is the largest stone plant in Yaoundé and even Cameroon.contact us
At the end of 2020, Dongguan Feiwei Construction Engineering Co., Ltd. plans to establish a high-quality tuff sand and gravel aggregate production line in the Hefei-Zongyang section of the Dezhou-Shangrao Expressway. After many discussions, the AMC design team rushed to the site to design a complete set for the customer. Production line, while guaranteeing to provide the best customer service before, during and after sale.contact us
Société Transatlantique Cameroun Sarl (hereinafter as Transatlantique) is mainly engaged in the production and sales of various building stones. In the akak1 area of Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon, Transatlantique has obtained the mining right of a granite mine with reserves of about 12 million tons, producing and selling 1 million tons of stone annually. Through careful calculation and construction, AMC design team overcame all kinds of tests, and finally completed the installation, commissioning and operation of the production line on schedule, And the project meet the requirement of quality, quantity and zero accident.contact us
We sincerely welcome you to contact us through the hotline and other instant messaging methods. Whether it's project consultation or feedback, we will serve you in the fastest way and spare no effort to save time for customers.
AMC is committed to providing customers with a complete set of quarry and mining development solutions to meet the specific needs of various aspects and bring sustainable profitability to your sand and gravel and other businesses.
If the services you need are not listed above, please contact us through online consultation, we will respond to you as soon as possible.