· A strike for higher pay hit production at most of South Africa''s gold mines on Wednesday, but the main union behind the stoppage said it was willing to relax some of its demands .READ MORE
Introduction: Background to the Strike. The formation of the Union of South Africa in 1910 was a development that had vastly different consequences for the various groups in the four former colonies. The union was a victory for the British – especially for the ''uitlanders'' (foreigners) and mining magnates – who wanted to unite the country; but it was a defeat for Afrikaners such as ...READ MORE
Thousands of South African gold miners have gone on strike as a result of failed wage talks that are threatening the country''s fragile economy. Last year, gold mine strikes triggered deadly ...READ MORE
August 1946 has a special and romantic place in the annals of South African history. As an event it is celebrated in the popular history, as a critical marker in the history of the miners'' struggles against a labor repressive gold mining industry.'' The strike is invoked as a testimony to the capacity of African minersREAD MORE
· South African gold miners have ended their biggest strike to hit the sector in 18 years. Both the unions involved in the strike - the leading National Union of Mineworkers and the smaller ...READ MORE
Local African National Congress leaders were arrested and tried for treason and sedition. Workers at 32 of the 45 mines on the Rand had participated in the strike. Hundreds of workers were arrested, tried, imprisoned, or deported. A total of 1,248 miners on strike were wounded and nine were killed.READ MORE
· Over 80,000 South African gold miners launched a strike Tuesday against what union officials call "slave wages" and employer "arrogance," bringing one of the country''s key industries to ...READ MORE
· South African gold miners ease some wage demands as strike slams troubled industry Open this photo in gallery: The gold mining industry warns a a prolonged strike …READ MORE
· The strike would paralyze the South African mines of the world''s No. 2 gold producer AngloGold Ashanti Ltd., fourth-ranked Gold Fields Ltd., sixth-placed Harmony Gold Mining Co. and South …READ MORE
· JOHANNESBURG (AP) — A strike by tens of thousands of South African gold miners severely affected production in the struggling industry on Wednesday. There were no reports of violence and two mining companies reached a settlement with their workers.READ MORE
· Over 80,000 South African gold miners launched a strike Tuesday against what union officials call "slave wages" and employer "arrogance," bringing one of the country''s key industries to a screeching halt.. The AMC government-allied National Union of Miners, which represents 64 percent of the approximately 120,000 gold miners in South Africa, declared the strike after rejecting a 6.5 …READ MORE
· Over 80,000 gold miners in South Africa have gone on a strike on Tuesday to call for higher pay. The strike was launched despite an appeal by …READ MORE
· On Monday August 10, the first official day of the industrial action, an estimated 340 000 people came out on strike, which represented more than 70% of all black coal and gold miners…READ MORE
· South African mining company Gold One has fired more than 1,400 miners who have been on strike for more than a week, the company announced Tuesday. …READ MORE
· South African gold miners have launched their first industry-wide strike in 18 years to demand higher wages in the world''s biggest bullion producer, the country''s main mining union said.READ MORE
· Some 80,000 gold miners in South Africa, one of the world''s biggest producers of the precious metal, have gone on strike, but have significantly reduced their demand for higher pay.READ MORE
· Fitch Ratings-Johannesburg/London-11 August 2005: Fitch Ratings, the international rating agency, says today that the widespread strike by miners belonging to South Africa''s National Union of Mineworkers ("NUM") has come at a bad time for the country''s gold producers who are emerging from two difficult years of sharply lower earnings and even losses as a result of the steady …READ MORE
· AS South African gold miners nationwide walked out on Tuesday, the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) released a statement noting the â€œdevastating" impact the strike …READ MORE
· A strike by tens of thousands of South African gold miners on Wednesday severely affected production in the struggling industry. There were no reports of violence and two mining companies reached ...READ MORE
· On August 2, The Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union that represents approximately one third of South African gold miners, rejected a …READ MORE
· Tens of thousands of South African gold miners are on strike after their union rejected a final offer from major mining firms. The National Union of Mineworkers says the strike…READ MORE
Miners'' Strike: South Africa 1946 | EncyclopediaREAD MORE
· Gold mine workers in South Africa told mining companies they would strike in the coming days as producers and unions battle over wage rises, threatening a …READ MORE
· A strike by tens of thousands of South African gold miners severely affected production in the struggling industry on Wednesday. There were no reports of violence and two mining …READ MORE
The strike by some 76,000 black miners in 1946 was one of the most significant examples of industrial action by black workers in South Africa. Following the demise of the ICU in the early 1940s, the mine workers were the first to challenge not only their employers, but the racist policies of the segregationist state of Jan Smuts.READ MORE
· Market Vectors Gold Miners (NYSEARCA:GDX) South Africa accounts for roughly one-tenth of the world''s gold output, so a strike of this magnitude will certainly have some kind of …READ MORE
· About 80,000 gold miners in South Africa walked out on strike on Tuesday night, raising fears of renewed violence in the crisis-hit industry …READ MORE
The Rand Rebellion was a widespread strike amongst miners in the Witwatersrand area of the Transvaal Province in the former Union of South Africa. 2007 strike. In 2007 the South African National Union of Mineworkers, which represents the nation''s mineworkers, engaged in a series of talks with the Chamber of Mines, an industry group. The ...READ MORE
· South Africa gold miners go on strike. Some 80,000 gold miners in South Africa have gone on a strike to call for higher pay, but their union has significantly scaled down its …READ MORE
· By Xola Potelwa WESTONARIA, South Africa (Reuters) - A strike for higher pay hit production at most of South Africa''s gold mines on Wednesday, but the main union behind the stoppage said it was willing to relax some of its demands . The stoppage called by the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) began at the evening shift on Tuesday, with many miners refusing to go …READ MORE
· The end of the gold miners'' strike is yet another betrayal of the South African working class by the trade unions, in this case the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) and the Associated ...READ MORE
· As anticipated last week, about 80,000 South African gold miners went on strike Tuesday night after wage talks broke down, threatening to cause millions of …READ MORE
Reuters, 2012). Within the mining sector, the gold mining industry in South Africa not only holds historical value but has also contributed on average 21.1% per annum of the mining income to the GDP from 2002 to 2011 thus making it an important economic sector in South Africa (Chamber of Mines South Africa, 2012).READ MORE
The Witwatersrand Gold Rush initiated South Africa''s domination of world gold production. Although legends of a South African " El Dorado " existed among the natives of the area, it was not until 1886, when a poor Australian prospector named George Harrison staked the first claim, that the vast riches of the "Rand" were discovered.READ MORE
AMC is a specialized company that develops, designs, manufactures and sells large-scale mining machinery and equipment such as cone crushers, jaw crushers, impact crushers, sand making machines, sand washing machines, and feeding and screening machinery.
Group"s overseas wholly-owned investment company-China AMC Cameroon Mining Company
The company has a modern, high-standard garden-style production park. The heavy-duty industrial production workshop contains various large-scale CNC machining centers, cold work centers, assembly centers, electric hydraulic centers, spraying centers, and storage guarantee centers.
The company has a complete product quality system and standardized production management system. All products are designed, produced, assembled and inspected in accordance with international quality system standards, and have successfully passed ISO9001 quality management system, ISO14001 environmental management system and ISO45001 occupational health management system certification .
A successful foreign trade company needs not only good talents and organizations, but also good supplier support.
Offer advanced and reasonable complete solutions for aggregates & ore processing.
China AMC Cameroon Company Sarl (hereinafter referred to as CMCC) has obtained the right to exploit a granite mine with reserves of 33 million tons in the Leboudi II area of Yaoundé. AMC's design team conducted in-depth discussions and exchanges with the engineer team for many times. Through unremitting efforts, various difficulties were finally overcome, and the production line installation, commissioning and operation were completed on schedule, according to quality, quantity, and zero accidents. To ensure that CMCC produces and sells stone materials as scheduled, with an annual output and sales of 8 million tons, it is the largest stone plant in Yaoundé and even Cameroon.contact us
At the end of 2020, Dongguan Feiwei Construction Engineering Co., Ltd. plans to establish a high-quality tuff sand and gravel aggregate production line in the Hefei-Zongyang section of the Dezhou-Shangrao Expressway. After many discussions, the AMC design team rushed to the site to design a complete set for the customer. Production line, while guaranteeing to provide the best customer service before, during and after sale.contact us
Société Transatlantique Cameroun Sarl (hereinafter as Transatlantique) is mainly engaged in the production and sales of various building stones. In the akak1 area of Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon, Transatlantique has obtained the mining right of a granite mine with reserves of about 12 million tons, producing and selling 1 million tons of stone annually. Through careful calculation and construction, AMC design team overcame all kinds of tests, and finally completed the installation, commissioning and operation of the production line on schedule, And the project meet the requirement of quality, quantity and zero accident.contact us
We sincerely welcome you to contact us through the hotline and other instant messaging methods. Whether it's project consultation or feedback, we will serve you in the fastest way and spare no effort to save time for customers.
AMC is committed to providing customers with a complete set of quarry and mining development solutions to meet the specific needs of various aspects and bring sustainable profitability to your sand and gravel and other businesses.
If the services you need are not listed above, please contact us through online consultation, we will respond to you as soon as possible.