· The average age of US commercial nuclear reactors is 34 years with the oldest being over 45 years old (EIA, 2015). Even in the best of circumstances, concrete suffers age related damage. But, nuclear power stations suffer from extreme conditions. According to …READ MORE
In the past, safety assessments of nuclear power plants (NPPs), using methods such as seismic probabilistic risk assessments (PRAs), usually utilized best estimate or design values for material properties of structures, systems, and components (SSCs) without consideration of any agingREAD MORE
Assessment and Management of Aging of Nuclear Power Plant Safety-Related Structures D. J. Naus1), H. L. Graves, III2), B. R. Ellingwood3) 1) Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-8056 2) United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (USNRC), Washington, DC …READ MORE
The Materials Aging and Degradation Pathway activities have been organized into five principal areas: (1) reactor metals, (2) concrete, (3) cables, (4) buried piping, and (5) mitigation strategies. These research areas cover material degradation in systems, structures, and components that were designed for service without replacement throughout ...READ MORE
MANAGEMENT OF AGING OF NUCLEAR POWER PLANT CONTAINMENT STRUCTURES D. Naus,O C. B. Oland," B. Ellingwood,'' W. E. Norris* and H. L. Graves, 111'' Research addressing aging management of nuclear power plant concrete and steel containment structures is summarized.READ MORE
Research on concrete in the field of civil engineering and building science has been conducted for a long time, while reevaluation of concrete performance, physical properties and various problems in terms of nuclear field needs, i.e. Plant Life Management and Ageing Management, and addressing issues peculiar to the nuclear power field will be ...READ MORE
· The management of aging in nuclear power plant concrete structures The management of aging in nuclear power plant concrete structures Naus, D. 2009-07-09 00:00:00 materials issues in nuclear reactors Overview the management of Aging in nuclear power plant concrete structures D.J. Naus od. In order to help assure an adequate safe operation of nuclear power plants…READ MORE
Aging Management Guideline for Commercial Nuclear Power Plants - Electrical Cable and Terminations DOE Commercial Ught Water Reactor Program Off. of Eng. & Tech. Dev. 19901 Germantown Rd. Germantown, Maryland 20874 Printed September 1996 EPRI UfeCycie Management Program 3412 Hillview Ave. P.O. Box 10412 Palo Alto, California 94303READ MORE
Programmatic guidance on ageing management is given in Technical Report Series No. 338 "Methodology for the Management of Ageing of Nuclear Power Plant Components Important to Safety"  and in a Safety Practice "Data Collection and Record Keeping for the Management of Nuclear Power Plant Ageing" .READ MORE
· 1. Introduction. Important reinforced concrete structures in nuclear power plant require aging management and evaluation, which comprise integrity evaluation assuming their use for decades ahead to confirm the effectiveness of the current maintenance program, as well as extraction of new maintenance measures as required.READ MORE
remaining from renewables. nuclear power reactors were operating in in Europe and nuclear plant construction is currently underway in three EU member states: Finland, France, and Slovakia  . Understanding the conditions that lead to concrete dete-rioration is object of a new attention worldwide in matter of nuclear plants.READ MORE
The Structural Aging Program provides the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission with potential structural safety issues and acceptance criteria for use in continued service assessments of nuclear power plant safety-related concrete structures. The program was organized under four task areas: Program Management, Materials Property Data Base, Structural Component Assessment/Repair Technology, …READ MORE
Description . This report is an update of IAEA-TECDOC-1025, Assessment and Management of Ageing of Major Nuclear Power Plant Components Important to Safety: Concrete Containment Buildings, published in 1998. This publication is one in a series of reports on the assessment and management of ageing of major nuclear power plant components.READ MORE
· Our aging nuclear plants . By Ari Natter /Bloomberg ... of components such as concrete and electric cables, but an advisory board to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the …READ MORE
· The board is upholding, as well as expanding, the part of the plant''s license that lays out how it will manage the aging and cracking of its concrete. Seabrook is the only nuclear plant in the ...READ MORE
· Concrete structures in nuclear power plants provide foundation, structural support, biological shielding, containment, and protection against internal and external hazards. Aging of these structures occurs and has the potential, if not controlled, to increase the risk to public health and safety.READ MORE
· The agency says it is in the process of commissioning an independent research project to establish an aging-concrete regulatory standard for Canada''s fleet of nuclear power plants …READ MORE
· In this paper, nuclear power plant concrete structures are described and their operating experience noted. Primary considerations related to management of their aging are noted: degradation mechanisms, damage modeling, and material performance; assessment and repair; and applications of structural reliability theory. Several topics are noted where additional research would be of benefit.READ MORE
The soundness evaluation of aging concrete structures in nuclear power plants (NPPs) is basically conducted based on the strength of concrete cores taken from these structures. Since the extraction of cores from various structural members can damage the concrete structure, a …READ MORE
In this paper, nuclear power plant concrete structures are described and their operating experience noted. Primary considerations related to management of their aging are noted: degradation mechanisms, damage modeling, and material performance; assessment and repair; and applications of structural reliability theory. Several topics are noted where additional research would be of benefit.READ MORE
N287.8, Aging management for concrete containment structures for nuclear power plants N290.8, Technical specification requirements for nuclear power plant components N290.13, Environmental qualification of equipment for CANDU nuclear power plantsREAD MORE
Naus, D. J., ''Concrete component aging and its significance relative to life extension of nuclear power plants'', NUREG/CR-4652 (ORNL/TM-10059) (Martin Marietta Energy Systems, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 1986). Google Scholar 11.READ MORE
· Nuclear plants and climate change don''t mix. While proponents of nuclear energy often argue that nuclear power is a necessary tool against the climate crisis, nuclear power itself is at risk from climate change. Because reactors need huge amounts of water to operate, most existing plants sit on an ocean, lake, or riverfront.READ MORE
· Structural Performance of Nuclear Power Plant Concrete Structures Affected by Alkali-Silica Reaction (ASR) - Task 1: Assessing In-Situ Mechanical Properties of ASR-Affected Concrete. Published. February 8, 2021. Author(s)READ MORE
June 2011 RD-334, Aging Management for Nuclear Power Plants . Aging management activities shall be implemented proactively throughout the lifecycle of an NPP or SCC (e.g., in design, fabrication and construction, commissioning, operating, and decommissioning). Specific requirements for the different lifecycle phases are provided in section 3.0.READ MORE
concrete structures in last two decades by summarizing the development in the areas of concrete technology and construction techniques, design methodology, maintenance and ageing management of concrete structures. INTRODUCTION . The first nuclear power plant (NPP) was commissioned in early 1960s; construction ofREAD MORE
· The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says they found no problems with the response to cracks in concrete at Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant during a recent inspection.READ MORE
· "The suite of EPRI Aging Management courses is an extremely valuable and beneficial set of training modules for the nuclear power generation industry and electric power plant utilities in ...READ MORE
· A new IAEA publication on international best practices in the ageing management of nuclear power plants will support operators in improving their processes, help enable longer operating lifespans of reactors and contribute to nuclear safety worldwide.. Nuclear power reactors in use today were typically designed to run for 30-40 years. Given the enormous investment it takes to build a new plant ...READ MORE
· Nuclear power plant design 101 Fission reactions in the core (1) of a nuclear reactor (2) heat pressurized water, which flows through pipes (3, red) to steam generators (4).READ MORE
"Aging Management of Concrete Structures in Nuclear Power Plants" Editors: Dr. Yann Le Pape, Prof. Petr Stemberk, Dr. Miguel Ferreira and Prof. Ippei Maruyama. Nine years after the accident of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant, the nuclear industry is facing a decisive moment.READ MORE
Studies into the aging of concrete structures in nuclear power plants have been funded by the NRC in two separate research programs. These programs are: • the Nuclear Plant Aging Research (NP AR) program; and • the Structural Aging (SAG) program. The NPAR program was established by the NRC in 1983 to exarnine the aging-relatedREAD MORE
AMC is a specialized company that develops, designs, manufactures and sells large-scale mining machinery and equipment such as cone crushers, jaw crushers, impact crushers, sand making machines, sand washing machines, and feeding and screening machinery.
Group"s overseas wholly-owned investment company-China AMC Cameroon Mining Company
The company has a modern, high-standard garden-style production park. The heavy-duty industrial production workshop contains various large-scale CNC machining centers, cold work centers, assembly centers, electric hydraulic centers, spraying centers, and storage guarantee centers.
The company has a complete product quality system and standardized production management system. All products are designed, produced, assembled and inspected in accordance with international quality system standards, and have successfully passed ISO9001 quality management system, ISO14001 environmental management system and ISO45001 occupational health management system certification .
A successful foreign trade company needs not only good talents and organizations, but also good supplier support.
Offer advanced and reasonable complete solutions for aggregates & ore processing.
China AMC Cameroon Company Sarl (hereinafter referred to as CMCC) has obtained the right to exploit a granite mine with reserves of 33 million tons in the Leboudi II area of Yaoundé. AMC's design team conducted in-depth discussions and exchanges with the engineer team for many times. Through unremitting efforts, various difficulties were finally overcome, and the production line installation, commissioning and operation were completed on schedule, according to quality, quantity, and zero accidents. To ensure that CMCC produces and sells stone materials as scheduled, with an annual output and sales of 8 million tons, it is the largest stone plant in Yaoundé and even Cameroon.contact us
At the end of 2020, Dongguan Feiwei Construction Engineering Co., Ltd. plans to establish a high-quality tuff sand and gravel aggregate production line in the Hefei-Zongyang section of the Dezhou-Shangrao Expressway. After many discussions, the AMC design team rushed to the site to design a complete set for the customer. Production line, while guaranteeing to provide the best customer service before, during and after sale.contact us
Société Transatlantique Cameroun Sarl (hereinafter as Transatlantique) is mainly engaged in the production and sales of various building stones. In the akak1 area of Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon, Transatlantique has obtained the mining right of a granite mine with reserves of about 12 million tons, producing and selling 1 million tons of stone annually. Through careful calculation and construction, AMC design team overcame all kinds of tests, and finally completed the installation, commissioning and operation of the production line on schedule, And the project meet the requirement of quality, quantity and zero accident.contact us
We sincerely welcome you to contact us through the hotline and other instant messaging methods. Whether it's project consultation or feedback, we will serve you in the fastest way and spare no effort to save time for customers.
AMC is committed to providing customers with a complete set of quarry and mining development solutions to meet the specific needs of various aspects and bring sustainable profitability to your sand and gravel and other businesses.
If the services you need are not listed above, please contact us through online consultation, we will respond to you as soon as possible.