· Strikers at the Lonmin-owned Marikana platinum mine agreed to a 22 percent pay rise, ending a nearly six-week strike that saw 45 people killed.READ MORE
· Lonmin Mine Strike Ends with Pay Raise ... On Tuesday strikers gathered near the Marikana mine 60 miles north-west of ... But tensions are still high as strikers at a nearby mine…READ MORE
· Marikana was acquired as part of the Lonmin acquisition, in June 2019 on the closing of an all-share offer for Lonmin plc valued at R4.3 billion (US$288 million). The assets consist of PGM mining operations located on the Western Limb of the Bushveld Complex, 40km east of the town of Rustenburg, in the North West province of South Africa.READ MORE
Lonmin grew out of mining firm Lonrho, the company that owned the Observer from 1981-93. In 1999, Lonrho was renamed Lonmin. In 2013, the company announced its end-of-year results, recording a profit and increased production for 2013. The company came to international attention when the week-long strike came to its bloody climax.READ MORE
Find the perfect Marikana Miners'' Strike stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Select from premium Marikana Miners'' Strike of the highest quality. ... Man holds carrying a helmet and with his face hooded attends a rally near Lonmin''s platinum mine in Marikana on January 23, 2014. Tens of thousands...READ MORE
The Marikana Strike: The Origins of a Living Wage Demand and Changing Forms of Worker Struggles in Lonmin Platinum Mine, South Africa Luke Sinwelli Abstract On 16 August 2012, 34 mineworkers were gunned down by police during strike action in Marikana, South Africa, where Lonmin, the third largest platinum mining company in the world, is located.READ MORE
· The strike that brought Lonmin to a standstill in August 2012 had roots dating back to May 2011, when an ''unprotected'' strike at the Karee section in Marikana resulted in the sacking of 9,000 employees. Most of these workers belonged to the NUM and protested against a union decision to suspend their branch chairperson.READ MORE
· Lonmin, the world''s third-largest platinum producer, has encountered similar labour disputes at the Marikana mine. In May 2011, the company sacked …READ MORE
· It was clear in the strain felt by the families of the mineworkers whom police killed during a 2012 strike at platinum mining company Lonmin''s Marikana mine. More than a dozen attended the murder trial of five police officers involved in the operation.READ MORE
Marikana platinum mine, near Rustenburg, South Africa, employed thousands of workers, composed mostly of migrants working for low wages. Lonmin, a British mining company, owned Marikana. The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) represented most of the workers at Marikana.READ MORE
· This study examines how Lonmin used its CSR reporting in the context of a major scandal it was confronted with, the Marikana Massacre. Although there are two studies that examine how this event impacted corporate reporting [7, 8], they do not offer such a detailed analysis as the one offered in this study.READ MORE
Marikana Massacre 16 August 2012 | South African History ...READ MORE
· The Marikana Massacre: Insurgency and Counter-Insurgency in South Africa. The Lonmin-owned platinum mine, 62 miles northwest of Johannesburg, South Africa had been at the center of a violent pay dispute for over a year, starting in May 2011, when the company sacked 9,000 workers after what it described as "unprotected industrial action".READ MORE
· The miners didn''t get a meeting with NUM or representatives from Lonmin, which owned the mine in 2012. In fact, while the strike continued, neither NUM nor Lonmin officially dealt with the ...READ MORE
· Workers at Lonmin, the world''s No. 3 platinum producer, held a wildcat strike, shutting the Marikana mine in South Africa and sparking concerns about renewed violence at the site of …READ MORE
· On 14 August Lonmin officially halted production at the Marikana platinum mine. The miners set up camp on a hill called Wonderkop near the Lonmin mine. Police and miners occasionally entered into discussions however the miners remained steadfast in their strike action, and on 16 August a full frontal attack was launched on them.READ MORE
· MARIKANA - Seven years ago, a three-week strike became increasingly violent and culminated in a week of bloodshed and tragedy. The week preceding the clash on 16 August between protesting Lonmin ...READ MORE
· The August 2012 wildcat strike by workers at a Lonmin mine in the Marikana area in South Africa resulted in a confrontation between miners …READ MORE
· Striking platinum miners at Lonmin''s Marikana mine in South Africa accepted a hefty pay rise offer on Tuesday, ending six weeks of violent labor unrest that …READ MORE
· This in spite of the resounding wake-up call Lonmin received of the killing of 34 striking mine workers in 2012, human rights group Amnesty International revealed in a recent statement based on a report it completed on the event. In August 2012, violence broke out at Marikana after thousands of rock-drill operators went on strike.READ MORE
· The Marikana massacre, in which 34 striking mineworkers were shot dead by police on 16 August 2012, was a tragic and historic event in South Africa. A judicial commission of inquiry set up to investigate how it came about put much of the blame on the police. It was also critical of the mining company, Lonmin.READ MORE
· The commission is investigating the deaths of 44 people at Lonmin''s platinum mining operations in Marikana, North West, in the strike-related unrest in August 2012.READ MORE
· Lonmin Plc, the world''s third-largest platinum producer, said operations at its Marikana mine in South Africa have been halted after workers refused …READ MORE
· Six Marikana mining communities in the North West have filed papers at the Constitutional Court seeking to reverse the R5 billion sale of Lonmin Platinum Mine.. On Friday thousands of mineworkers will be commemorating the killing of 34 people at the infamous koppie, seven years ago. The world''s third-largest platinum producer Lonmin merged with Sibanye-Stillwater in …READ MORE
· Some hidden facts behind Marikana mine strike. ... The strikers claimed to be all rock-drill operators in Lonmin''s platinum mines and demanded a …READ MORE
· Marikana: The strike might be over, but the struggle continues. Striking workers at Marikana''s Lonmin mine have accepted a pay offer from management and say they''ll be …READ MORE
· Marikana is a small mining town near the Lonmin operation that supplies almost all of its metal. The company employed 28,230 people as of Sept. 30.READ MORE
REFLECTIONS ON MARIKANA LONMIN MINE WORKERS MASSACRE! 9 years ago Mayihlome News. The demand for a living wage has ended in the cold-blooded shooting down and murder of some 50 mine workers in Marikana by the South African Police force. One can safely say, without fear of contradiction, that their deaths are a direct consequence of the ruling ...READ MORE
Marikana: one year after the massacre | Mail & Guardian. On August 16 2012, 34 people, mostly employed by Lonmin platinum mines, were killed after police opened fire on striking miners. The strike, which had begun on August 9 over a wage dispute, was marred by intimidation and violence. Ten people, including two policemen and two security ...READ MORE
· Lonmin mine security had not expected protesting miners at Marikana in the North West to gather and strike on August 12, 2012, the Farlam Commission of Inquiry heard on Monday.READ MORE
· The strike took around 440 000 ounces of platinum out of production. The three companies, Impala Platinum, Amplats and Lonmin suffered a total revenue loss of about R24.1billion during the strike and a further loss of R10.6 billion in wages. The five month long strike affected both the workers and the mining companies.READ MORE
The Marikana Incident. In August 2012, there was a strike at Lonmin platinum operations in Marikana, South Africa. An escalation of tensions culminated in violent confrontations between mine workers and armed South African policemen. 44 people died over the course of one week.READ MORE
Im Bergwerk Marikana in Marikana, das Lonmin gehört und in dem vor allem Platin gefördert wird, schlossen sich am 10. August 2012 rund 3000 der 26.000 Bergleute dem Streik an. Die Förderung der vier Lonmin-Bergwerke wurde daraufhin eingestellt. Das Lonmin-Management und die NUM weigerten sich, die Forderungen der Streikenden entgegenzunehmen ...READ MORE
· The commission is investigating the deaths of 44 people at Lonmin&39;s platinum mining operations in Marikana, North West, in the strike-related unrest in …READ MORE
La grève des mineurs à Marikana désigne une grève sauvage survenue en août 2012 près d''une mine de platine, propriété de Lonmin, dans la région de Marikana, près de Rustenburg, en Afrique du Sud.. Le 16 août 2012, trente-quatre ouvriers sont tués par la police.Ces agissements sont décrits sous le terme de « massacre » par l''ensemble des médias internationaux et comparés ...READ MORE
· (1) On 16 August 2012, Lonmin called South African police forces to end a strike of miners at the Marikana platinum mine. The police killed 34 miners and injured more than 70 at an incident which is known as the Marikana Massacre.READ MORE
· It all began as a wild strike by Amcu members demanding a salary of R12 500 a month. Sunday marks the 8th anniversary of the Marikana massacre where 34 mineworkers were gunned down by the police at a Lonmin Platinum Mine on the 16th of August 2012.READ MORE
· Marikana: Lonmin ''weighed up'' cost of strike to lives of employees. Sapa. 11 Nov 2014. Lonmin''s lawyers argued that the mine ought not …READ MORE
AMC is a specialized company that develops, designs, manufactures and sells large-scale mining machinery and equipment such as cone crushers, jaw crushers, impact crushers, sand making machines, sand washing machines, and feeding and screening machinery.
Group"s overseas wholly-owned investment company-China AMC Cameroon Mining Company
The company has a modern, high-standard garden-style production park. The heavy-duty industrial production workshop contains various large-scale CNC machining centers, cold work centers, assembly centers, electric hydraulic centers, spraying centers, and storage guarantee centers.
The company has a complete product quality system and standardized production management system. All products are designed, produced, assembled and inspected in accordance with international quality system standards, and have successfully passed ISO9001 quality management system, ISO14001 environmental management system and ISO45001 occupational health management system certification .
A successful foreign trade company needs not only good talents and organizations, but also good supplier support.
Offer advanced and reasonable complete solutions for aggregates & ore processing.
China AMC Cameroon Company Sarl (hereinafter referred to as CMCC) has obtained the right to exploit a granite mine with reserves of 33 million tons in the Leboudi II area of Yaoundé. AMC's design team conducted in-depth discussions and exchanges with the engineer team for many times. Through unremitting efforts, various difficulties were finally overcome, and the production line installation, commissioning and operation were completed on schedule, according to quality, quantity, and zero accidents. To ensure that CMCC produces and sells stone materials as scheduled, with an annual output and sales of 8 million tons, it is the largest stone plant in Yaoundé and even Cameroon.contact us
At the end of 2020, Dongguan Feiwei Construction Engineering Co., Ltd. plans to establish a high-quality tuff sand and gravel aggregate production line in the Hefei-Zongyang section of the Dezhou-Shangrao Expressway. After many discussions, the AMC design team rushed to the site to design a complete set for the customer. Production line, while guaranteeing to provide the best customer service before, during and after sale.contact us
Société Transatlantique Cameroun Sarl (hereinafter as Transatlantique) is mainly engaged in the production and sales of various building stones. In the akak1 area of Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon, Transatlantique has obtained the mining right of a granite mine with reserves of about 12 million tons, producing and selling 1 million tons of stone annually. Through careful calculation and construction, AMC design team overcame all kinds of tests, and finally completed the installation, commissioning and operation of the production line on schedule, And the project meet the requirement of quality, quantity and zero accident.contact us
We sincerely welcome you to contact us through the hotline and other instant messaging methods. Whether it's project consultation or feedback, we will serve you in the fastest way and spare no effort to save time for customers.
AMC is committed to providing customers with a complete set of quarry and mining development solutions to meet the specific needs of various aspects and bring sustainable profitability to your sand and gravel and other businesses.
If the services you need are not listed above, please contact us through online consultation, we will respond to you as soon as possible.